The educational flyer (below) for adults promotes safely storing cannabis products away from kids and pets. In the past few years, there’s been an increase in the number of kids and pets who have accidentally eaten cannabis products and required medical attention. It’s important that adults are aware of nonjudgmental resources to prevent this from happening. We also have this material as a printed brochure and poster, and we would be happy to provide free materials for your business or office.
Why is education about cannabis storage important?
- Statewide, from 2017-2021, MA Poison Control calls about youth (age 6-19) ingesting cannabis products doubled, and calls increased by 5 times about kids under 6 ingesting cannabis (data from Boston Children’s Hospital).
- Locally, hospitals and vets have seen a sharp increase over the past few years in young children and pets needing emergency care after accidentally consuming cannabis products (hospital data from Cooley Dickinson).
- From the 2023 student health survey in Franklin County schools, 45% of 8th – 12th graders report that it’s “easy” or “very easy” to get various cannabis products.
We welcome your partnership in promoting education around safe storage of cannabis products! Please contact Ilana.
Here is a lower-resolution version of the poster so it’s easily viewable online.
(See below this one for a higher resolution version for printing!)
You can download a high resolution version of the flyer here.